In response to the weekly art think about- Have you met a professional artist? If so, who? What do they do? If not, what do you think it would be like to make art for a living?
"I think being a artist would be very fun and entertaining because Mrs. Marable seems so enterjetic and full of life. She make it seem like being art teacher is a fun job."
I also had a student write that art isn't nearly as bad as he thought it would be.
High praise. Now we just need to work on the grammar!
I went to the Kansas Art Education Convention this weekend in Hutch (got your christmas gift sarah!). I won two door prizes, presented two workshops, and learned a ton. Daniel Pink was the "key note" speaker. He talks about the importance of PLAY and discussed google's 20% time (where employees have 20% of their time to innovative without direction). That is where gmail and google news came from. I am inspired to give my students an Innovation Hour, every 5th class. This will be a time they can make what ever they want. At first I thought this might be a kind of lazy day for me... but I think they will need me more than ever, as they all will be going in different directions, needing different supplies... and all that jazz. If not, I'll use it for my our innovation time. Who knows what we'll come up with! First one is tomorrow. I'm excited.
Willow asked last week, "Would you like to see my drawing?".... so cute! She also said "I'll get it" when chasing a toy. It is amazing what is in her head just waiting to burst out.
Have a wonderful day... take some 20% time and make something!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment