Justin and I traveled to Lawrence to get our taxes done yesterday. We go to this tiny, dingy office about a block from Borders. Jill and I went there the 2nd year of owning the Olive.... after paying a lot at H+R block for some fancy office with coffee the first year. I've gone back every year since... so like maybe 6 years. At this tiny office, a man named Jerradd takes care of us. He works like a mad man, and always has a line of people waiting. He takes calls one after the next for appointments. This place is a gem. Jerrad is a gem! Each year he deals with us not always having the right form or paper.... he makes calls. He lets us call in with additional numbers or information. He treats us well.
For as long as I've been employed, I have never seen a refund. I didn't really understand why people got excited about this... how could it be that big of a deal? Well... this year, with making a little less thanks to my maternity leave and Justin staying home with Willow... and being able to claim 2 children.. I have heard the words refund. And I now understand just how BIG a deal it can be. Our credit card will be paid off in full, thank you government. We have carried a HIGH balance on that thing for years and years. Wow. It still doesn't seem possible. Can any of you explain how I can get back more than I pay in? How do low-income folks use this windfall of cash? Is there not a better way for the government to do this? Well... this year we won't get to Play with these funds... but I'm already dreaming of next years refund... vacation? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment