Willow was born on Feb 22, 2008. On that day, Blue Cross Blue Shield started insuring Willow and I, on Justin's policy. Within a month, BCBS had paid for about half of all the of the birth related expenses. On Feb 31st, my previous insurance was canceled. I paid them about $10,000 in the 3 years they insured me. After about 2 months, Preferred Health (what a joke), paid a few hundred dollors for the facility fees related to Willow's birth. Once every few months I call about the provider fees. I'm always left feeling defeated by the system and never know what to do. Call the birth center, call the billing office, call preferred health... the circle continued every few months.
Today is Jan 30, 2009. Today I spoke with a man named Brian at the Billing Office. Brian hadn't been around for the 6-12 previous phone calls about my insurance problems. Brian picked up a phone and called Preferred Health and I have finally received news that a check is in the mail. I can pay off the remaining debt we owe the wonderful people at the Birth Center... and can buy some groceries! And pay a few hundred on our sad credit card! Brian is my hero today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment