I make my students do a research project each year. I introduce (briefly) about 20 different artists and they each choose one to research and tell us more about. In the past we've made posters, big giant, expensive posters. The really great ones go on my wall.... this year we re-used the poster board to make portfolios in my 2-D class. The re-using is good...but I learned how to make these easy little books at a KAEA conference this year. Instead of these huge posters, we are making little 4x6 books. I am excited about the change. It's more green. :)
Along with that change, we are researching art movements instead of specific artists. This is more broad and fits with our state standards a little better.
So while they research video, pop, land, renaissance, surreal, dada, and all that jazz.... I have been hanging out in the library with a very portable craft...... I think needle felting is my new favorite thing. Okay, I don't like it more than making jewelry with silver, but I like it. I like it a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment